To Our Patients and Community,
Our office is reopening for all services starting Tuesday May 19, 2020! We are closely following the latest updates from the CDC, California Optometric Association, and American Optometric Association Health guidelines. We are implementing many updated procedures and strict healthcare protocols to ensure the safety and well-being of our patients and Staff, including the following:
– All Staff are required to wear protective face masks.
– All Staff are required to wash/sanitize their hands every 30 minutes.
– All testing and exam rooms will be thoroughly sanitized between patients.
– All frames that have been touched or tried on will be disinfected.
– We will reopen with a limited appointment schedule to allow for social distancing within the office.
As a patient coming in for a scheduled appointment:
1. You will be required to wear your own personal mask or facial covering at all times.
2. Call our office number at (858) 566-1756 when you have arrived and parked. We will conduct an over-the-phone check-in to take patient history and obtain your health insurance information. We will then notify you once we are ready to bring you into the office.
3. We will perform an in-person temperature check and have you wash/sanitize your hands when entering and leaving the office (we will
provide hand sanitizer and/or soap & water).
As a patient picking up contacts/glasses or getting frames adjusted, we ask that you:
1. Please park in our two designated curbside pickup parking spots in front of the office.
2. Call our office number at (858) 566-1756 and let us know which parking spot (#1 or #2) you are in and we will be out shortly with your contact/glasses.
3. If you need your glasses’ frames adjusted, please call our office number at (858) 566-1756 to schedule an appointment for you to come into the office. In order to ensure social distancing, we will not accept walk-in frames adjustments at this time.
For a full list of our updated policies and procedures, please see the link below. In these extraordinary circumstances, we are committed to our purpose of providing the best eye care to our community and hope to see you soon!
– Focal Optometry Team